Whew. Here I go. Nervous as hell. Pitchwars first timer.
- I am almost 46, having completed my first novel at age 43, so I have a bit of a late start.
- I have a wonderful husband and two awesome kids, all very supportive of my writing. The best part of all this writing is that I have inspired both my children, ages 10 and 12, to write!
- I have a BS in Agricultural Journalism (that is a thing) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- We currently live in a small town in Southern Wisconsin, but I grew up on a horse farm near Green Bay (Go Pack Go!). I spent my childhood showing horses throughout the Midwest. What a fantastic ride!
- I usually hide my nervousness with humor.
A Few Things I love:
- My Family. (Duh!)
- Books: If it’s fiction, I probably love it. Lee Child, Emily Giffin, and everything in between.
- TV: Dexter, House, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, House of Cards, Mad Men…
- Movies: Anything with Ryan Reynolds.
- Animals: Especially my stinker of a rescue dog, Cosmo and horses.
My Pitchwars manuscript is a Contemporary Romance, about a woman, her horse and a man.
When Willa Wray, Olympic Gold medalist, falls off her horse, she suffers a career-ending injury and a heart-breaking breakup with her boyfriend. She goes home to her parent’s horse farm in Wisconsin to heal her body, but childhood crush Shaw McAlister shows up to heal her heart.
I would love your criticism, prospective mentor, it will make me a better writer, and this story that I love, a better story. I’m a hard-working Wisconsin girl, and have a positive attitude so I think you would enjoy working with me.
I look forward to pitching to you and (crossing fingers) working with you! Thanks for taking the time to read my bio.
Thank you Lana for putting this together. Check out all the other great bios here.